The Townsville Bicycle Users Group is a volunteer based incorporated community advocacy group working towards better conditions for cycling in Townsville and the surrounding areas.
Our strategy to increase cycling participation is by
- raising community awareness through events such as our Style Over Speed Black-tie bike ride and Ride for Road Safety.
- raising awareness of benefits of cycling to society and community through traditional and social media
- bringing improved cycling safety and infrastructure design to the attention of council and state planning groups
- Promoting Bicycle Network events such as Ride2Work day, Ride2School, and Super Tuesday Visual Bike Count.
- Working together with all business, government, other cycling and infrastructure groups
to achieve a common goal of a healthier, happier city.